Nokia HERE Map Platform team in Berlin is looking for a Principal or Senior Architect with proven experience in performance engineering and relevant data structures and algorithms.
HERE, a Nokia business, is offering the first location cloud that delivers people the world’s best maps and location experiences across more screens and operating systems unified under the HERE brand. With offices in more than 120 countries, HERE has three key development sites: Berlin, Boston and Chicago. Berlin is a truly global site with over 50 different nationalities from around the world. In Berlin, we work on the HERE experiences such as HERE Drive and HERE Maps, Connected Car solutions and the HERE location platform, which is among others powering the location offering from companies like Bing or Yahoo.
We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to drive progress in the technologies behind the HERE Location Platform. Responsibilities include to propose, plan, design, evaluate and prototype architecture or technology selections or improvements. We also profile, tune and size existing systems to support refactoring or re-engineering efforts as needed. The systems we work on handle large workloads against tight performance requirements and are subject to strict SLAs.
This demands a successful candidate to have both a hands-on pragmatic approach and an analytical mindset with a sound theoretical basis. A background as lead developer or architect with specialization in a couple of interesting technologies is a sound background. We expect a successful candidate to take initiative and work independently against agreed targets, and organize his or her work without excessive direction, so past project management experience is appreciated.
The opportunity is to make a difference in the HERE Map Platform through work on multiple projects across the Platform. The unique mix of skills and strengths of a candidate define the focus areas for us. This allows for responsibilities where an individual can contribute to his or her highest potential.
• 10+ years of experience in delivering software products or systems in various roles
• 5+ years of experience developing or operating Internet services or infrastructure
• 2+ years of experience developing services or apps for mobile devices
• Experience with Performance Engineering, Profiling & Analysis of software systems
• Working knowledge of SQL and a relational database (mysql, postgresql, sqlite, …)
• Working knowledge of Multi-dimensional Data Structures and related Algorithms
• Experience in developing Cloud-based services (AWS, OpenStack, Azure or similar)
• Analytical approach and problem solving skills.
• Good ability to articulate and communicate clearly complex topics
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Project Management or Line Management experience is appreciated
• M.Sc. or higher degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, Math, …).
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient, and above all, strive for the best. One team, where everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard. We care. Even in tough times.
APPLY HERE: http://service.joberate.com/redirect/url/156e-b9-bb-76-49995b
The role of the Everyday Mobility Program Management team is to ensure that Nokia Location & Commerce's mobile apps and SDKs find their way to the market, quickly, on time, on budget and in line with demanding quality standards.
As the Senior Program Manager Everyday Mobility you will interact closely with our management team, our product team heads as well as our engineering teams, to deliver our roadmap into consumer’s hands and onto our customer’s devices. You will ensure timeliness and quality of our delivery through a lean but effective product delivery processes and process execution. As part of this, you will lead the evolution of the product delivery process and plan and lead the change management to introduce these processes to our business unit and beyond. You will also ensure continuous improvement of the process by leading process improvement initiatives.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Ensure on time, on budget, high quality product roadmap execution
• Define, evolve, and manage the roll-out and ongoing operation of an effective, lean and agile program management, product delivery and change control framework
• Provide accurate, up-to-date information on product execution status to management and the wider organization
• Overall, you will be held accountable for ensuring top notch roadmap execution across our Everyday Mobility business unit, ensuring product teams deliver against agreed timelines, scope and quality benchmarks.
We expect you to have:
• Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience, in software industry, consumer service creation and product management or technical sales. Solid understanding of the industry, combined with experience in partner and customer management.
• 5+ years experience in outsourced IT project delivery in “fixed time, fixed price” environments
• Experience with software delivery process engineering and related change management
• Mastery of relevant process frameworks: Lean, Agile, Kaizen, etc.
• Hands-on experience with managing projects with stage gate and agile processes
• Certified scrum master, 3+ years hands-on experience as a scrum master
• Background in mobile applications, mobile platform(s) and web services is a must, knowledge of location and social services highly desirable
• Personal credibility, maturity and finesse to manage multiple stakeholders in a complex organization, addressing issues combining business, product and technical aspects
• Demonstrated capacity to establish, drive and influence cross-functional networks with full responsibility for end-to-end delivery
• Excellent communications skills. Fluent English, both in spoken and written form
• Masters degree in a related field, MBA a plus
Please apply here: http://service.joberate.com/redirect/url/1351c748-277a-9880-1427-c297aa1da5c5
Deltasoft Mobile is happy to announce that we are launching a new service – telecom software development. Our goal is to assist telecom companies in developing their innovative software solutions and improving the quality of services they deliver. Our broad range of services encompasses VoIP apps development, development of OSS/BSS, customized VAS software development as well as creating IPTV and CCTV solutions and much more. Welcome to the world of impressive telecom innovations! Read more http://www.deltasoftmobile.com/telecom-software-services.html