Nokia HERE Map Platform team in Berlin is looking for a Principal or Senior Architect with proven experience in performance engineering and relevant data structures and algorithms.
HERE, a Nokia business, is offering the first location cloud that delivers people the world’s best maps and location experiences across more screens and operating systems unified under the HERE brand. With offices in more than 120 countries, HERE has three key development sites: Berlin, Boston and Chicago. Berlin is a truly global site with over 50 different nationalities from around the world. In Berlin, we work on the HERE experiences such as HERE Drive and HERE Maps, Connected Car solutions and the HERE location platform, which is among others powering the location offering from companies like Bing or Yahoo.
We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to drive progress in the technologies behind the HERE Location Platform. Responsibilities include to propose, plan, design, evaluate and prototype architecture or technology selections or improvements. We also profile, tune and size existing systems to support refactoring or re-engineering efforts as needed. The systems we work on handle large workloads against tight performance requirements and are subject to strict SLAs.
This demands a successful candidate to have both a hands-on pragmatic approach and an analytical mindset with a sound theoretical basis. A background as lead developer or architect with specialization in a couple of interesting technologies is a sound background. We expect a successful candidate to take initiative and work independently against agreed targets, and organize his or her work without excessive direction, so past project management experience is appreciated.
The opportunity is to make a difference in the HERE Map Platform through work on multiple projects across the Platform. The unique mix of skills and strengths of a candidate define the focus areas for us. This allows for responsibilities where an individual can contribute to his or her highest potential.
• 10+ years of experience in delivering software products or systems in various roles
• 5+ years of experience developing or operating Internet services or infrastructure
• 2+ years of experience developing services or apps for mobile devices
• Experience with Performance Engineering, Profiling & Analysis of software systems
• Working knowledge of SQL and a relational database (mysql, postgresql, sqlite, …)
• Working knowledge of Multi-dimensional Data Structures and related Algorithms
• Experience in developing Cloud-based services (AWS, OpenStack, Azure or similar)
• Analytical approach and problem solving skills.
• Good ability to articulate and communicate clearly complex topics
• Excellent written and spoken English skills
• Project Management or Line Management experience is appreciated
• M.Sc. or higher degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, Math, …).
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient, and above all, strive for the best. One team, where everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard. We care. Even in tough times.