XING Help Center
Here you’ll find answers to your questions, and information about XING features. You can also contact the XING Support team (available in English and German) if you need any other assistance.
By the way, we've published some help videos that may be of use to you: Go to videos
Visibility of personal details (profile, contact list, contact details) to others
XING lets you choose which of your personal details are visible. Here’s how to edit your settings:
1. Profile (incl. portfolio and contact list)
- Go to your Settings (cog symbol at the bottom of the left sidebar) > Privacy.
- Click on “Edit” in the top right-hand corner.
- Now choose who can see your profile and parts thereof (portfolio, contact list) in general, and whether you’d like your profile to be found by search engines.
- Now click on “Save” to confirm your changes.
If your profile is also available to non-members, i.e. profile visitors who aren’t logged in to XING, the following profile details will be available:
- Name, photo, current position, business location and country (but not the name of your current company)
- The “Profile details” section (“Wants”, “Haves”, professional experience, educational background, languages, interests and organisations)
2. Contact details
XING lets you choose which of your personal details are visible on a member by member basis. This is why none of your contact details are publicly available, i.e. they can’t be accessed by profile visitors who aren’t logged in. Even logged-in XING members are only able to see your business location unless you grant access to other details. Here’s how to edit your settings:
Was this tutorial video of use to you? Let us know what you think: Send feedback
Confirming contact requests
When confirming a contact request, you always have the option to choose which of your details you’d like that person to see. You can also make these settings your default so you don’t need to change them with every subsequent contact request.
XING member profile
You can change the settings for a specific member by visiting their profile and selecting the “Edit shared personal info” option in the top right-hand corner. Then just make your changes and click on “Save”.
Go to “Home > Contacts” followed by “More” to the right of your contacts. There you’ll see the “Edit shared personal info” option where you can make changes for each individual contact.
privacy, data protection, security, management, protection, padlock, profile, address, phone, e-mail, mobile