XING Help Center
Here you’ll find answers to your questions, and information about XING features. You can also contact the XING Support team (available in English and German) if you need any other assistance.
By the way, we've published some help videos that may be of use to you: Go to videos
Creating your own group
If you can’t find a group to talk about your specialist field or interest and are prepared to act as a moderator, feel free to create your own group and run it how you like (within the framework of our code of conduct).
A lot of moderators don’t just maintain their group, they also organise group events where members can meet up in person to get to know one another better, make new contacts or simply have some fun.
How it works:
XING makes it easy for you to set up a group: Go to the Groups section and click on the green button titled "Create new group ". Then just follow the on-screen instructions. The following benefits await you:
- You don’t need to maintain your own website.
- You don’t need any special hardware and don’t incur any costs.
- You as a moderator don’t need to assume full legal responsibility (German legal notice (Impressum) obligation and liability for posts from the point of becoming aware of legal, moral or XING-defined violations) as XING is the first point of contact on account of being the operator of the platform.
- You don’t need to find people to visit your group as it is open to every XING member so there’s a good chance of it being found. If your group offers some kind of value, current members are bound to recommend it to other people, thus helping you to grow your group.
- People interested in your group don’t have to register separately to use it.
- XING protects your data, so you don’t need to worry about your group members’ privacy.