XING Help Center
Here you’ll find answers to your questions, and information about XING features. You can also contact the XING Support team if you need any other assistance.
How can I change my privacy settings?
You are in full control of how much information about you is visible to others on XING. If you would like to make
changes to your privacy settings, go to the homepage and click on My
privacy settings. Then click on "Edit", and select or deselect options by clicking on the checkbox. Here you
- whether your profile is visible to non-members
- whether your profile can be found by search engines
- whether your posts and comments in groups can be found by search engines and RSS feeds
- which members can view your contact list
- which members are permitted to send you messages and make entries in your guestbook
- whether your activity index is displayed
- whether your skype online status is displayed
- whether your business location is displayed in the map view
- which information about you may be displayed in the "What's new in your network" feed
- which external applications have access to your XING data
When you sign up for XING, all settings are set to 'visible to all' by default. By limiting your visibility, you will also limit the number of people who view your profile, which may decrease the likelihood of being contacted by other XING members.
Please keep in mind: If you want to change the information you share with a specific contact, just click on that person's profile and then on the button "Edit shared personal info" or go to your contact list (Home -> Contacts). Next to each contact you can make changes by clicking on "more -> Edit shared personal info". If you make changes, be sure to save them before going to another page.