XING Help Center
Here you’ll find answers to your questions, and information about XING features. You can also contact the XING Support team (available in English and German) if you need any other assistance.
NEW The first 4 help videos are now online – check them out now: Go to videos
What is the difference between a moderator and a co-moderator?
Moderators and co-moderators have different levels of administrative rights within their groups.
Co-moderators are responsible for:
- Editing and deleting articles
- Managing members (approving/refusing/viewing the member list)
- Creating and editing forums
- Creating and sending newsletters
- Creating and editing news for the start page
- Posting events, and inviting group members to events
Moderators have all of the above rights, plus the following tasks:
- Create texts for the start page
- Managing co-moderators (granting permission / discharging co-moderators)
- Changing the basic group settings
- Creating a welcome message
- Editing the “Access” page and the “About this group” page
- Embedding an RSS import
- Adding or deleting languages
- Editing the group layout