Posts 1-1 of 1
Maram Zawaideh Group moderatorThe company name is only visible to registered members.17 Jan 2007, 09:56 am
The Kepner-Tregoe Matrix™ is a special, well-orchestrated, synchronized and documented Root Cause Analysis and decision-making method.
It is a conscious, step-by-step approach for systematically solving problems, making good decisions, and analyzing potential risks and opportunities. It helps you maximize critical thinking skills, systematically organize and prioritize information, set objectives, evaluate alternatives, and analyze impact.
The Kepner-Tregoe analysis provides assistance with unbiased decision-making. It is a structured methodology for identifying and ranking all factors critical to the decision. As a tool, this process is used primarily because it limits conscious and unconscious biases that tend to track a decision away from its primary objectives. This methodology can be applied to nearly all decisions ranging from product marketing to site selection.
The user of Kepner-Tregoe analytics comprehensively evaluates alternative courses of action to optimize the ultimate results based on explicit objectives.
KEPNER-TREGOE APPROACH TO DECISION ANALYSIS. STEPS
1. Prepare a decision statement having both an action and a result component.
2. Establish strategic requirements (Musts), operational objectives (Wants), and restraints (Limits)
3. Rank objectives and assign relative weights.
4. Generate alternatives.
5. Assign a relative score for each alternative on an objective-by-objective basis.
6. Calculate a weighted score for each alternative and identify the top two or three.
7. List adverse consequences for each top alternative and evaluate probability (high, medium, low) and severity (high, medium, low).
8. Make a final, single choice between top alternatives.
Book: Charles H. Kepner and Benjamin B. Tregoe - The New Rational Manager -
Book: Dean L. Gano a.o. - Apollo Root Cause Analysis -
Sign up for free: