Discussions about the Linux industry
Posts 1-1 of 1
Ger GroeneveldThe company name is only visible to registered members.14 Nov 2005, 10:35 pm
I did start of with a Minix distribution, quite a long time ago. Later on I used the Debian from which I curently use the netinstal CD for server based systems. That is a pretty stable distribution, most of the times up to date for servers.
When ISDN was introduced I used the SuSE (then 6.x, 7.1 and 7.2) because it supported ISDN very well.
Still using some distributions for Desktop installations, just to be curious:
- Kubuntu Breezy on my laptop.
- Debian Netinstal on several servers
- SuSE 9.1 for PC user who don't want to much fuzz and something which remotly looks like the Redmond guys stuff.
- SuSE 6.4 on Alpha machines (and then upgrade of course)
- Debian for M68000 on some old SUN3
- SuSE net distribution for SPARC on SUN4