Planned topics include but are not limited to:
1) Hints, tips and experience sharing, this would include I believe items such as client profiling discussed by Douglas, and techniques such as listening and qualification
2) Discussions such as personality and selling for example in our industry which works best consultative long term selling or a more aggressive win the business now approach?
3) What makes our selling different or unique, such as cross-cultural or multi-lingual selling
4) Posting of sales role vacancies and people looking for sales roles (in the professional translation industry)
5) Discussion of selling techniques informal or formal (such as Solution Selling or Customer Centric)
6) Great sales books, managers or even quotes that have inspired us
7) Posting of questions for particular problems, such as “what should I do when a client focuses on price” or “how do I manage my prospect’s manager?” or “what do you do to motivate yourself for cold calling?”
8) We could also discuss sales management such as motivation, remuneration, when to hire your first or next sales person
9) What to look for when hiring, second language, industry experience, technical knowledge, existing rolodex?
10) There is also a place for marketing discussions
11) The challenges of maintaining a sales role whilst being a project manager or business owner (which is common in our industry)
12) Blue sky stuff: .what does the future hold for selling in our industry and where are the new markets and opportunities.
The group will also be used to announce news of Selling Translations(TM) training events and workshops although this will be kept to minimum).
About the XING business network
Welcome to the Selling Translations(TM) on XING, the business network for professionals. Selling Translations(TM) is one of thousands of groups on XING, where millions of members from over 200 countries around the world can share expertise and make contact. Join Selling Translations(TM) and discuss interesting topics with experts and similarly minded professionals.
- Group exists since: 06 Nov 2009
- Members in this group:38
- Posts in this group:2