Web design and usability
Posts 1-2 of 2
Subodh GuptaThe company name is only visible to registered members.18 Sep 2010, 11:19 am
* If you are a small company then it helps to have main keyword into your domain name. It has many benefits as often other webmaster link to your site using just your domain name as anchor text and if your domain name has relevant keyword then your site get rank better for that particular keyword.
* Write unique title and meta description tag for each page preferably under 67 characters in title tag. Remember to include relevant Keyword in the title tag of each page.
* It is important to include relevant keywords in alt and title tag of every image of the site.
* Don’t upload heavy images on your website. Heavy images increase the downloading time and search engine don’t like that.
* It is also important that all the internal and external navigational links have relevant keywords in the anchor text and instead of using the text ‘click here’. Always remember that anchor text give indication about the landing page.
* It is good to use a robot.txt file to stop Google bots to index the unwanted & duplicate content.
* Submit Google sitemap and remember to update it time to time.
* Don’t have too many outgoing links from your site. As a general rule you should link only to quality website and should have more incoming link than outgoing one’s.
* Make sure that there are no broken links. Use can use Xenu tool for this to indentify. http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
* Google and other major search engine loves fresh content so make sure that you update your website regularly.
* Nowadays it is very important to have your website W3C compliant, so make sure it does.
More articles at:
Seo India(not a XING member)28 Jan 2011, 2:42 pm