(The company name is only visible to registered members)
Want to know more about Eric Robinson?
All you need to do is sign up for free on XING.Sign up for free
- 1992 - 1994
- 1986 - 1987
- 1981 - 1984
15294 Surrey House Way l Centreville, VA 20120 l (703) 955-3809 l email@example.com
Executive IT Leader with expertise in IT strategy, management and operations; application development and management; management and strategy consulting; and financial management. Delivered outstanding results while leading international, cross-functional teams on very large, demanding engagements; successfully built teams and developed people, managed multiple demanding projects concurrently, and defined successful strategies for meeting organizational objectives. Passionate about driving up ROI of technology investment through close relationships with clients and executive stakeholders to ensure alignment of IT projects to business goals.
Technology Strategy l IT Management l IT Operations l Executive Project Leadership l Application Development & Management l SDLC l Agile l Client Relationship Management l Multiple Stakeholder Consensus-Building l Java l Websphere l Management & Strategy Consulting Financial Planning & Management l Budget Management l Cross-Functional Leadership Service Delivery Centers l E-Commerce & Social Media l Government Contracting l Pricing and Contract Management l Top Secret Security Clearance (inactive)
IBM, Gaithersburg, MD 2000 – 2011
EXECUTIVE PROGRAM MANAGER, Global Contract Systems 2005 – 2011
Managed all teams and applications worldwide focused on processing IGF contracts in more than 40 countries with revenues in excess of $8B annually. Led development and deployment of financial services applications, re-engineered global business processes, financial reporting, and business controls. Directly oversaw departmental budgets of more than $8M annually and more than 50 combined direct and matrixed employees.
· Deployed systems and applications to more than 30 countries for contract document storage and accounts payable data, reducing average settlement time from over 30 days to less than 5.
· Directed deployments to 10 countries for the strategic application that manages IGF’s contracting process, resulting in 25% greater productivity and improved business controls.
· Developed and communicated the worldwide application release strategy, providing prioritized application enhancements with greatly reduced defect rates and no upgrade-driven outages.
· Generated savings of over $500,000 by out-sourcing and leading a widely-dispersed team with members in India, Hungary, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Brazil, and India.
· Represented team through multiple audits successfully including ASCA reviews, process audits, and a portfolio audit that reviewed 6 applications concurrently; 100% success rate on all audits.
SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER, North American Contract Systems 2001 – 2005
Managed a team of project development team leads (PDTLs), application owners and business owners responsible for the contracting systems deployed for North American business processing for IBM Global Financing. This included 6 Financial Services applications and multiple associated application interfaces.
· Led deployment of new application for Canada; managed customer relationship and worked through prioritized list of APARs, dramatically improved relationship with customer organization.
· Deployed and Installed applications to 11 additional countries, expanding the reach from the original 2 deployed countries to 13 resulting in significant productivity enhancement.
· Managed the North American contract systems that handled annual volumes in excess of $5B in transactions, over 40% of WW IGF volumes.
Eric Robinson Page Two
MANAGING CONSULTANT, e-Business Strategy and Design 2000 – 2001
Defined and led client engagements and mentored consultants in e-Business Strategy and Design. Led engagement pursuits and teams focused in telecommunications, public sector, education, and financial services, generating and delivering over $2M in new consulting revenues.
· Designed breakthrough new tool and methodology for rapid e-Business Diagnostics for evaluating client readiness for e-business; tool became backbone of service offering and revenue driver
· Performed international site location evaluation for a global financial services firm, resulting in selection of international location with significant tax and labor benefits.
· Defined client experiences, offering flows, and descriptions for new offerings being added to the e-Business Strategy and Change Category, providing new selling tools for the practice.
NEXGENIX, Fairfax, VA 1999 – 2000
Regional Director, Relationship Management Services
Developed relationship management solutions for clients. Built teams focused on delivering services including strategic analysis, marketing planning, marketing communications, branding, and creative services while integrating activities with the technology services group.
· Captured new opportunities within client base for delivering strategic insight, business planning, and risk / reward models, delivering over $900K top-line growth for new company
· Directed delivery of services to major clients including Bellsouth, CBS Sportsline, High Speed Net Solutions, and Ecolab; client satisfaction scores on all engagements over 95%
· Consulted with clients in a variety of domains including e-customer care, project prioritization within B2B and B2C segments; capitalizing on B2C database; and strategic analysis
· Expedited Nexgenix' aggressive business maturation plans with a focus on moving the scope and scale of project delivery higher on the value curve.
AT&T, Chantilly, VA 1996 – 1999
DIRECTOR, New Business Analysis and Management
Established teams to pursue aggressive global growth targets. Pioneered development of business infrastructure, processes, and policies for new professional services unit within AT&T, including the opportunity capture model, engagement and risk review processes, and global business funnel management. Led and presented strategic pricing and structuring of major integration contracts.
· Counseled capture management teams to winning strategies, contributing to CAGR over 400%.
· Defined economic modeling, project and portfolio analysis, risk management, and estimation tools, enabling enhanced support to client engagement teams in a high-growth environment.
· Produced targeting strategy resulting in turning the start-up Integration Practice profitable in 2 years.
· Recruited, hired, and coached a high-performing, motivated staff of professionals leading pricing activity on complex integration contracts.
Additional AT&T Experience, Greensboro, NC
Manager, EFTPS Program
Program Manager / Business Development Manager
Proposal Manager / Technical Writer
Eric Robinson Page Three
OWNER AND PRESIDENT, Robinson Gamestore 2006 - Current
Created and managed a profitable online game store business, growing the company to over $1M in sales in 18 months.
· Became a market leader in the Toys and Games category with Amazon and a key early adopter of Amazon’s Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) strategy to expand utilization of warehousing and shipping capabilities.
· Deployed automation to manage fulfillment, inventory leveling, pricing automation, and order management.
· Built and managed relationships with suppliers, distributors, and service providers.
· Created marketing plans and promotions to expand customer base and dramatically increase revenues
· Pioneered use of social media to dramatically enhance customer retention and cross-selling opportunities, and to build event-based marketing opportunities.
MBA, Babcock Graduate School of Management, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC
Masters Course Work, Electrical Engineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
BS, Electrical Engineering / Technology, DeVry Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Masters Certificate, Project Management, George Washington University, Washington, DC
Bravo Award, IBM, 2006
- Deployed a brand new global application on schedule and within budget, enabling the UK to improve their business control posture from “UNSAT” to “SAT” and save more than $500K/year
SPOT Award, AT&T, 1999
- Consulted with client to support client engagement, resulting in turnaround and a “Go” vote from the client team, while preserving AT&T’s position and limiting risks