BA (Hons) German Studies + Trade Law
(The company name is only visible to registered members)
Want to know more about Marco Calidakis?
All you need to do is sign up for free on XING.Sign up for free
- Oct 1996 - May 2000
- Oct 1994 - Oct 1996
Marco C. Calidakis
Tel: + 49 176 23537404 (evenings after 19:30)
A project managing consultant with a wide range of experience in marketing research. Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. Proven leadership and sales skills involving client acquisition as well as joint management of an international team to achieve objectives. Excellent analytical, communication and problem solving skills. Native speaker in English, fluent in German intermediate level in Greek and Arabic, very basic skills in Italian.
11.2001 – 01.05.2008
GFK HEALTHCARE (formerly known as I+G Gesundheitsforschung)
GfK HealthCare is a division of the GfK AG, the world leading full-service marketing research firm based in Nuremberg, Germany. Responsibilities and achievements:
• Independent management of several multi-country customised (both qualitative and quantitative) marketing research projects for key players in various pharmaceutical markets covering all methodologies and relevant target groups; tasks including calculating & negotiating cost proposals, design of study materials and conducting of field work, desk research, analysis and reporting, account management, marketing and client acquisition.
• Joint management of a team of 3-4 people (dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry) planning, delegating tasks with them, and motivating them to meet deadlines.
• Several personal presentations of results of major research studies to corporate executives both in English and German.
• Since 2003, specialisation in the Diagnostic market, sole manager of the yearly multi-client customer satisfaction study covering and analysing approx 4,000 lab instrumentations in Germany and Italy.
• Since May 2006, active in the client services and procurement department for all international study co- ordination as well as agency negotiations on a global level.
Analytical specialities: Conjoint analysis using CBC and ACA approaching, for pricing and positioning studies and new market entries. Based on general methodologies as well as speciality in Online quantitative research.
10.2000 - 09.2001
Mandatory Military Service: serving as a paramedic at the Johanniter Unfall Hilfe:
The Johanniter Unfall Hilfe (based in Nuremberg, Germany) is a charity based self employing division of Nuremberg’s vast paramedical organisation:
• As a recruit at the start, main tasks were training and getting acquainted with standard procedures to management of shifts and prioritising degrees of importance with respect to casualties.
• Daily shifts, managing and co-ordinating the flow of procedures, first aid and stabilization of patients during transport to necessary medical institutions.
• Organising the logistics and transport of organs and operation teams to and from hospitals as well as counties.
• Still active to date, during weekends on a voluntary and social basis.
Exchange semester at the Advanced Technical College in Regensburg, Germany
The college is a member of an inter-student exchange programme called ERASMUS, the main objective of the exchange was to sharpen up language skills and to study at the Faculty of Business for 6 months.
Internship at GfK Customer Satisfaction Department Int.
GfK Customer Satisfaction Int. is the branch of GfK AG which handles all international consumer-oriented customised research studies. Responsibilities:
Assistant to the project manager, tasks incl. desk research, preparation of survey materials, data production/tabulation, preparation of presentations, and correspondence.
Various courses including: EphMRA Intermediate Market Research Training Course, Conjoint Analysis (Sawtooth) Basic Training Course, MS-Office XP Applications Update Training Course, Presentation and Rhetorical Skills Training Courses, Attendance of 2003-2006 EphMRA in Madrid, Brussels and Athens including several Management Workshops.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
08.1996 - 05.2000 University Degree in German Studies (Hons) at the University of Portsmouth, UK
08.1994 – 07.1996 High School Education at Box Hill School in Surrey, UK
Graduated with three A’ levels: Business, Economics & Politics and German
Intermediate level GCSE level in 13 subjects:
1986 – 1990 KIPS International School, Khartoum, Sudan
1990 – 1994 Unity High School in Khartoum, Sudan
Native speaker in English and German
Intermediate language skills in Greek and Arabic
Very basic language skills in Italian
Proficient in use of MS-Office Applications ,Lotus Notes and Sawthooth
Date of Birth: 08 March 1977.
Citizenship: Dual German and Greek Citizen
Marital Status: Single.
Driving Licence: Full, clean.