Probleme beim Einloggen

Hamburg English Pages

WELCOME to Hamburg English Pages! Expanding on the popular concept that has been online since January 2001. Main page: www.englishpages.de

Drink
Christopher Graham Nicolls Do You Drink Tea?
Is drinking tea typically English? If the answer is yes then I am not typically British, as I personally do not like it at all.
Tea is thought to have originated around 5,000 years ago in China, becoming established throughout Asia, particularly in Japan, China and Korea, before spreading in popularity to the rest of the world in the early 17th century when it became fashionable in France, Portugal and Russia. It first came to Britain in the 1660s, when King Charles II married the Portuguese princess Catherine of Braganza, who introduced tea-drinking to the Court. Today in the UK alone 165 million cups are brewed...
The full story can be found here:
Keith Semple Thierry Perrotin
+2 weitere Kommentare
Letzter Kommentar:
Christopher Graham Nicolls Did you know: Real milk is still available!
The only product we've found with traditionally produced ''Traditionell Hergestellt'' on it, is ''Ja!'' milk. Everything else appears to be HT ''Länge Frisch''. Amazing that cheap products are better than expensive products. Ja! still tastes like milk and not like some UHT rubbish.
Supermarkets that carry Ja! should be Toom and could be Marktkauf, although I've never seen a Marktkauf in Hamburg. I've been in Marktkauf in Stade, Otterndorf and two others, along the B73 to Cuxhaven on the north coast, but did not look for milk.
Christopher Graham Nicolls Pub Closures
This news reached us very late, but never late than never. The news has not been confirmed in any way:
Sadly the Naked Turtle Pub near the former consulate has closed, as has McCleans Scottish Bar in Altona.
We are currently looking for alternatives and for bars/pubs to regularly add English language related events to this forum.
Thanks.

Moderatoren

Infos zu den Moderatoren

Über die Gruppe "Hamburg English Pages"

• Gegründet: 24.09.2008
  • Mitglieder: 573
  • Sichtbarkeit: offen
  • Kommentare: 211
  • Marktplatz-Beiträge: 0