Probleme beim Einloggen?

Modern C++

JOBS IM MARKTPLATZ POSTEN! In dieser Gruppe geht es um C++, in seiner aktuellen Form: Modern C++ & die neuen Standards > C++11.

Nur für XING Mitglieder sichtbar Nettes Video
Hallo Jens,
Danke dafür.
gruss,
clas
Jens Weller
Es war nett Scott kennenlernen zu können und Hartmut mal wieder zu sehen. Das Interview war selber recht spontan, und total gut vorbereitet *grins*.
Nächste Woche kommen die Keynotes von beiden!
Benjamin Siegmund Debugging Survey
Debugging is hard. Since 1974 Researchers try to help software developers with new tools and methods. In the last years, there have been many advancements in that field. With our study we want to find out, if these advancements have reached professional software developers and where there is still potential for future work. The survey taks about 15 minutes and is completely anonymous.
Stephan Roth Book: Sustainable Software Development With Clean C++
Dear C++ developers,
I would be very pleased if you could sacrifice a few minutes of your precious time, so that I can introduce my new book "Sustainable Software Development With Clean C++" (http://www.susodevcpp.com/?utm_source=xing&utm_medium=group_posting&utm_content=modern_cpp&utm_campaign=xing_marketing)
It is still a sad reality, that many C++ software development projects are in a very bad condition. The code is of poor quality. Even if the external quality is quite good and the product can pass the QA without complains, the internal quality can be very poor. It can be a big mess. It looks like it were written in the 1980s.
The code is difficult to understand and horrible to maintain and extend. There are too many dependencies between units, and the complexity is higher than necessary. Bad names impede the understandability of the code significantly. Classes are big, and even many functions consist of more than 1,000 lines of code and have a high cyclomatic complexity. Unit tests are either hardly or not present, or they have not enough value and can't detect the important things. “Never touch a running system” is a statement that is frequently heard in such kind of projects. Developers get afraid if they must change anything, or if they need to add new features, because they know if they touch it, they will break it.
And the cost of owning a mess can be very high. Many millions of dollars goes down the drain every year because of unmaintainable code. The whole thing ends up in an expensive maintenance nightmare, and it can bring a development organization in serious trouble.
It must be the major goal of any professional developer and of every professional software development organization, to put an end to this! That it ends now!
My book "Sustainable Software Development With Clean C++" (http://www.susodevcpp.com/?utm_source=xing&utm_medium=group_posting&utm_content=modern_cpp&utm_campaign=xing_marketing) is a must read for any C++ developer and software engineer with an interest in producing better code. If you want to teach yourself about writing clean C++, this book is exactly what you need. It is written to help C++ developers of all skill levels and shows by example how to write understandable, flexible, maintainable and efficient C++ code. Even if you are a seasoned C++ developer, there are some nuggets and data points in this book that I think you will find useful in your work.
Please note that it is a Leanpub book. According to the lean publishing principle, it will be published before its 100% completed to build a readership earlier, and to collect meaningful feedback from readers. As of today, the book is finished to about 40%. All buyers, even the earliest ones, will be able to download all future updates for free!
SPECIAL OFFER: Especially for XING members I give a discount on the price. Please contact me via the message function on XING and I'll send you a coupon. With this coupon you will be able to purchase the book for only 6.99 US-$ instead of the current minimum price of 11.99 US-$.
Once again, thank you for your interest in my book. I would be very pleased if you would purchase it and I am looking forward to your feedback.
Yours sincerely,
Stephan Roth (Author)

Events dieser Gruppe

Alle Events

Moderatoren

Infos zu den Moderatoren

Über die Gruppe "Modern C++"

• Gegründet: 28.11.2007
  • Mitglieder: 5.676
  • Sichtbarkeit: offen
  • Kommentare: 2.281
  • Marktplatz-Beiträge: 27