General Manager China
China, Suzhou, Jiangsu (m/f)
▌ Senior Management role under German Management team
▌ Premium product portfolio with solid technology and good reputation in the industry
▌ Above industry average compensation package
Our Client is a German Medium-Sized Family-Run Company, and is specialized in the business of precision punching and bending technology. The company owns production facilities in Europe and is setting up a new one in China.
As a General Manager you will focus on their Client on the China region to pursue aggressive growth through the construction of a new production facility. The General Manager will supervise the set-up of the plant, prior to managing it. One of your key assignments will be the Implementation and execution of corporate strategies, processes and standards at the Chinese Entity site level.
1. Overall Management: Overall management of the Chinese Operations, lead, direct and control the day-to-day activities of the Chinese Production Facility to achieve the short and medium-term technical and operating objectives set by the overall Group business plan. Responsible for activities such as Finance/IT, sales, production, quality, engineering, supply, logistics, administration and health/safety.
2. Operation Management: Establish operating budgets, monitor the cost and effectiveness of production activities to optimize resources, prioritize spending and achieve volume, quality and production standards/targets. Set targets and monitor the performance of the Chinese Operations against standards and targets in areas such as Sales performance, production and administration efficiency, cost control, legal compliance and human resource management.
3. Sales & Production: Develop and implement a variety of sales and operating policies and procedures (in alignment with corporate subject matter experts) to ensure that the site meets its current and future sales budget and production targets and quality standards. Allocate labor and capital resources to maximize sales growth, productivity, quality and safety. Research, evaluate and recommend investments in technology, capital, equipment, systems or other assets that will enhance the plant’s production capabilities.
1. Educational background within Engineering (ideally Metal related)
2. Applied experience in setting up and launching a new production site (from establishment to growth).
3. Experienced in the management and implementation of new processes within an organization (technical processes and quality processes).
4. Successful track record of extensive first hand sales experiences.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Excellent leadership skills and people management skills.
7. Results-oriented and business focused.
8. Strategic planner.
9. Independent and pro-active.
10. Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
11. German Native Speaker.
Please send your English CV to Ms. Effy Yu via firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +86 021 6090 0208 * 862 for further information.