What is Xrail?Xrail is a production cooperation consisting of six members, aiming to make European Single Wagonload a more competitive and more sustainable alternative to road transport.
The Xrail VisionXrail – the European standard for competitive and sustainable Single Wagonload transport.
The Xrail Mission
- Xrail to act as a leading production cooperation, growing in network coverage and transport volumes, supporting the modal shift to rail
- The Alliance to improve reliability, information, performance and ease-of-use of European Single Wagonload, enabling a competitive customer offer and a sustainable business model
- Xrail to push standardization and harmonization of interfaces and procedures to enable full technical interoperability and seamless operations all across Europe
- The Alliance partners to commonly develop smart, technical solutions and ICT platforms and support the automation and digitalization of the members to create customer value and to strengthen intermodal competitiveness of rail
- The Xrail Alliance to bring together talented and agile people from members to boost innovation for the rail freight industry
- The members of the Alliance to team up for lobbying for a better framework for the European Single Wagonload Alliance Networks & Members
The 6 partners of the Xrail Alliance comprise in total 11 networks throughout Europe which are provided with the Xrail standards.
- CFL cargo
- DB Cargo
- Green Cargo
- Rail Cargo Group
- SBB Cargo