Scrum Product Owner Certification Training
Since the 1990s, Scrum is the most prominent process framework for solving complex problems in an agile way. Not only among IT companies anymore, the adoption rate has been very high ever since. Unfortunately, using some parts of Scrum is not the same as actually doing Scrum and living the underlying values.
Agile means doing the right things right. It’s the team’s job to do things right. But it’s the Product Owner’s (PO) job to find out what the right things are. Even if the team works perfectly, the product will fail if the team builds the wrong things - therefore the PO is essential for the product’s success! Ideally, the PO is an entrepreneur for the product: His decisions determine the product’s success. In order to achieve that he has to make sure that the product contains the right features and the right scope. Additionally that the team only builds those features which bring real value to the customer. Therefore, the PO is a leader: He leads the team via the product!Basic information
- 2 days
- 6-12 participants
- 2 trainers
- English (or German if all participants prefer this language)
- Voucher for Scrum.org Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO I) certificate included. Attention: further preparation will be required after the course for a successful certification.
- I want to learn what a Product Owner does.
- My goal is to understand what it really takes to make a great product that amazes customers.
- I am willing and able to participate actively throughout the training.
- I know the Scrum basics.
- Short excursion to Scrum Basics and agile values.
- Getting to know the role of a Product Owner and a Product Manager.
- Understanding the path from creating a vision via the life cycle of a product, determining product value, planning releases and prioritizing a backlog.
- Practical exercises and insights from our trainer’s experience.
- Hints for taking and passing the Scrum.org certification exam.
- Out-of-Scope: Scrum Master topics - herefore, we refer to our Scrum Master Training. Scaling - we are convinced that the basics need to be understood in order to proceed with this topic.