SIGS Afterwork Event Basel - Cyber Kill Chain
Workshop: Cyber Kill Chain – is it still state of the art?
In the past five years the terminus „Cyber“ became common as a substitute for Information Security. Also the so-called „Cyber Kill Chain“ has been moved into the focus of the InfoSec community.
But what does the Cyber Kill Chain stand for? What methodology, what plan-to-action is standing behind this word? And furthermore, is this methodology still state of the art, with all the current challenges around cost, effort and efficiency, if it comes to „Cyber Security measures“?
We want to look „under the hood“ together with you in an active workshop, go through the Cyber Kill Chain, see what it actually means for Information Security:
- What includes the Cyber Kill Chain and where does it comes from?
- Why is it important/relevant for Information Security? Or is it not?
- Which steps from the Cyber Kill Chain do you usually cover with which methods/solutions?
- How does this work ideally and in real live?
- Can it help to prevent data breaches?
We would love to hear your opinion, which part of the Cyber Kill Chain you are focusing on most, and we hope for a passionate discussion about this. The goal would be to design our own Cyber Kill Chain with the points/steps which are important for you.
More information at https://www.sig-switzerland.ch/basel/