We will review the quality of this job ad as soon as possible.
Annual salary in €
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
XING provides advice and support to its more than 15 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
(Senior) User Experience (UX) & Product Design (m/f/d)
Play a central design role, define and drive the future of our main B2C user experience. Combine the value propositions XING has to offer in one simplified product and meet our users’ needs on the sweet spot. As a Product Designer you will play a central role to bring our UX vision to life.
Come and join our XING’s User Experience team of over 50 interaction (UX) and product designers, visual designers, user researchers and dedicated copywriters. We work as a team with product owners and developers to craft a product that delivers real value to our users. We explore new opportunities, technologies, design methods and services and continuously test and optimize our products to meet our users’ needs.
XING’s B2C UX team is distributed across Europe. We have designers working from home offices as well as working from our offices in Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia and Porto.
If you’re passionate about users and design, we’d love to hear from you.
A challenging role
• Drive the integration of our main value propositions social network, business news and jobs and form one coherent product experience along our users´ core needs.
• Work with other product designers and teams to understand specific value propositions and distill them into valuable touchpoints across all platforms.
• Know your users: Integrate user feedback regularly – either with the user insights department or on your own.
• Create design specs, from idea to implementation, and support our cross-platform teams of engineers.
• Facilitate workshops and apply design thinking methods with other designers, engineers and stakeholders to kick off, brainstorm and collaborate on future innovations as well as on ad hoc improvements.
• Review ideas and proposals of contributions to the B2C user experience.
• Actively communicate ideas, share work in progress and new releases within the organization and the internal UX community.
• Collaborate with other UX designers and engineering teams to align with other innovative experiences across all of our products.
• Establish and maintain ongoing communications with key stakeholders from the UX community and the management.
A convincing background
• Have experience designing the user experience with complex, process driven, consumer-facing products (mobile experience is very much desired).
• Ability to inspire and guide your peers with the highest possible aspirations to simplify XINGs B2C user experience.
• Experience with the entire product management and design cycle, ranging from discovery to wireframes, functional prototypes for user testing, through to design systems, implementation and QA.
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate and persuasively convey product and design solutions to designers, management and stakeholders.
• Proficiency with up-to-date design and prototyping tools.
• A portfolio of work that includes your approach of defining and specifying the product value, including your process and concrete examples of research, user flows, wireframes, mockups or similar applicable work.
• You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• Have experience working with distributed teams.
An inspiring environment
• Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
• A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
• Regular innovation weeks
• Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
• Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
• Spanish / German lessons.
• A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
• A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
• Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
• Extended holidays
• Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
• Bicycle park and package reception
• Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
• A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
• Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor () and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/xing_esp
If you have any questions please let us know!
Sounds good to you? We're looking forward to hearing from you!
No cities found