See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Performance Architect IoT
Software AG's mission is to help organisations "turn data into value".
We’re a global software company founded over 50 years ago and continually growing and innovating. With a presence in over 70 countries, our customers include many of the world’s major airlines, well-known makers of sodas, chocolate and PCs, and key players in the rapidly expanding world of industrial IoT.
We’re passionate about software, passionate about our people, and passionate about using technology to create truly world-class products.
YOU’VE PROBABLY USED OUR SOFTWARE—IF YOU LIVE ON PLANET EARTH
The name “Software AG” may never appear on your online banking screen, your sweet wrapper or the cup from your barista. You may never see “Software AG” in the movie’s credits, on your mouse or on the side of the plane you just flew —but our software is virtually everywhere. The fact is leading brands use Software AG technology every day to serve you better. Leading organizations trust us. One reason: We’re driven by customer success.
About the Job
This role is an exciting opportunity for a developer of significant experience to help drive multiple projects aimed at helping our IoT products get the maximum performance. You will work closely with the products’ engineering teams to help identify, troubleshoot and streamline strategies around performance engineering. Having extensive experience in optimizing computationally complex and memory-intensive tasks, you’ll be able to work both at high and low levels - proposing radical new approaches to the architecture where appropriate, while being able to recognize and fix bottlenecks at a micro-level.
You'll also help contribute to cross-product decision making in this area, as well as being an evangelist* across all of our product teams. As part of the evangelist elements of the role, you'll be responsible for spreading know-how across all these teams and be sought out as an expert in your area when the opportunity arises. You'll help us review proposals for architecture changes across the business, maintaining a hands-on element of your role, keeping up to date with the latest and greatest.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design/Develop/Maintain necessary performance assessment frameworks or performance engineering strategies and automation ( scripts, tools etc..)
- Assist customers to troubleshoot performance and reliability issues in a complex large-scale, multi-tier cloud based infrastructure
- Define maturity levels for Performance engineering practices, Monitor and maintain the performance engineering program in the organization
- Participate in design and code reviews and provide suggestions
- Assess the Product architecture – guide the product architects to ensure performance is built in to at the design level itself
Experience and Knowledge
- Overall 10+ years of experience in Application/Platform Performance engineering
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent desired
- 5+ years of experience in creating performance engineering strategy for Public/Private Cloud platforms, i.e., AWS, Azure etc..
- 8+ years of experience in performance tuning of the applications including JVM tuning, memory profiling & creating benchmark reports
- 3+ years of experience in Virtualization(Docker) & Cluster management(Kubernetes)
- Hands on experience in performance monitoring/engineering tools like SPLUNK, APPDynamics, Dynatrace etc
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases (Mongo DB), distributed cache and clear understanding of best practices & problem areas while handling large distributed datasets is a plus.
We look forward to receiving your application via our online career portal.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Holly Greenfield on firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you!
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements and expectations are all inclusive. In addition to items listed, incumbents are expected to follow company policies, adhere to company processes and programs and perform other related duties as assigned.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Cambridge
1001 - 5000 employees