We don't have any salary details available for this job ad.
Job title: Translation project manager
Location: Cambridge, UK / Berlin, Germany / Montpellier,
France / Brno, Czech Republic
Contract type: Permanent
Building the big picture out of small details
Do you thrive on the challenge of managing multiple projects and prioritising a busy workload? Would you relish the chance to work with global clients in dynamic industry sectors? Can you guide a team to achieve strategic goals through careful planning and coordination?
If you can answer yes to all of the above, this position as a project manager at a world-leading localization agency could be the perfect opportunity. It’s the chance to develop your project management career in a fast-moving professional environment while working as part of a large international team. This is a mid-level project management role which would suit someone looking to develop their career with Alpha over the next two to five years.
Excellent organisational skills are essential for this position and you’ll have a proven ability to conduct business proficiently in written and spoken English. Working with the latest localization tools and technologies, you’ll also need to demonstrate IT competency and a willingness to learn new platforms and processes.
In this role, you’ll demonstrate your proficiency in balancing the three fundamentals of project management: people, time and money. You’ll require a comprehensive approach to planning but also possess the flexibility to adapt workflows and find solutions when difficulties arise.
As a team player who buildsan excellent rapport with colleagues, you’ll be able to coordinate joint efforts to achieve outstanding quality standards within demanding timeframe sand tight budgets. This is a highly visible client-facing role for someone who
enjoys connecting with different cultures.
• Planning localization workflow
• Estimate cost and duration of localization projects
• Execute localization projects according to workflow plan and deliver on time and within budget
• Create localization project plans
• Manage external vendors and internal stakeholders to coordinate schedules, deliveries, reviews, staging and publishing
• Lead regular meetings with international stakeholders for project status updates, program progress and budget
• Ensure vendors perform according to agreed service level agreements regarding time, quality and budget
• Implement and document process and best practices
Essential requirements include:
• Minimum of 4 years of localization project management experience
• Ability to estimate costs and manage to budget
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as complex and remote projects
• Positive, professional and flexible personality
• Creative thinker who has the ability to bring new ideas to the table
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Desirable requirements include:
• Thorough understanding of localization process and bestpractices
• Familiarity with localization tools, such as translation management systems, translation memory, content management systems, terminology management, style guides and project management tools
• Experience with localization technology and integrations
• Experience working with multinational organisations
Please send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the key requirements of the role.