See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
The Getinge Internship Experience Program is a paid, competitive, 11+ week (full-time) program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge’s Coops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area(i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager.
Position Overview: (this is a 40 hours week committment for 2 terms)
Engineering Supervisor and senior engineering personnel will supervise and train this position. Projects will start out small in scope with close supervision, eventually progressing to larger, more complex ones. The responsibilities will increase based on their experience level obtained and willingness to learn new aspects of manufacturing engineering.
- Provide technical support to the Production Engineering staff for development of new processes and products.
- Complete routine assignments where some judgment is required for a successful outcome.
- Complete documentation updates in Document Management System (engineering specifications, change notices, manufacturing standard operating procedures, tooling/fixture drawings, equipment maintenance specifications and registrations and other documentation).
- Run standard and newly developed test protocols, compile and complete analysis of test data and materials testing.
- Assist in performing/executing various protocols for process validations including but not limited to pull testing, measuring and use of gages, visual evaluations.
- Assist in performing packaging material artwork verification (Instruction for Use, Labels, Pouches, Carton tops and bottoms).
- Write test procedures and validations protocols.
- Use of Statistical Analysis (Minitab software) in summarizing validation protocols.
- Document experimental records in lab notebook.
- Comply with Quality System Procedures, Good Lab Practices, and Exposure Control Plan.
- Troubleshoot fixtures and electronic equipment.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college program at the time of the interviews : Major : Biomedical Engineering
- Summer: Students must be available to participate in all workshops and events during the internship program including presentations at the end of the program.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and documentation skills
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Don't miss out new jobs like this in München