See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
The Calibration Technician performs calibration of Inspections, Test and Measurement Equipment (ITME) and schedule calibration with vendors and ITME owners. Define tools and methods for calibration and oversees work to ensure that all ITME is properly calibrated.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working closely with Engineering, Quality Engineering, and outside equipment vendors, assists in defining calibration requirements. Interface with vendors to develop methods and equipment for complex situations.
- Scheduling of outside sources when needed for calibration of equipment that is not performed in-house.
- Work closely with Facilities and ITME owners to schedule and perform "off-cycle” calibration activities.
- Work closely with Field Service Representatives to schedule and perform calibration activities.
- Monitor calibration schedule to ensure necessary ITME equipment is properly calibrated in a timely manner.
- Measure and calibrate ITME in production and other test equipment throughout the facility.
- Record the results of ITME calibrations using the designated calibration software.
- Investigation of equipment found out of its designated accuracy.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of test equipment as required.
- Train other calibration technicians within the department.
- Direct and supervise the work of other calibration technicians throughout the facility.
- Oversee the implementation of the ITME calibration program.
- Create/update calibration procedures within the Quality Document Management System.
- Collect, report, and monitor calibration performance metrics.
- A high school degree or equivalent required. An Associate’s degree and/or related certifications is preferred
- A minimum of five years of quality assurance experience with a working knowledge of calibration procedures and practices. Five years of related experience in an FDA regulated industry is preferred. Medical device or pharmaceutical experience is ideal.
Additional Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of metrology skills including a sound understanding dimensional tolerances and usage of precise mechanical measurement instruments.
- Must be able to read mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics, accurately apply scientific formulas, and read and maintain laboratory notebooks.
- Must demonstrate ability to be accurate and identify procedural inaccuracies and then make recommendations for improvements and effectively implement changes.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, make effective decisions, and resolve technical issues.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication and be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams to achieve results.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Products such as Word and Excel or equivalent software applications is preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to operate electronic measuring equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, and generators.
"Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.”
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Deutschland