See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge const raints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This person is responsible for managing individual exam projects and leveraging established processes, working with SMEs and vendors, to drive exam development through each stage of the process to a successful publication. The person will work closely with other team members and curriculum development to plug into program GTM processes.
• Manage specific exam development projects and schedules from start to finish, working with a diverse pool of SMEs (internals, external) to deliver legally defensible exams on schedule.
• Produce exams aligned to key business objectives and audience profiles including appropriate cognitive complexity, alignment to training and alignment to certification framework models.
• Consistently produce and deliver quality exams in a timely and transparent manner.
• Project manage the overall schedule and resources required for all exam development projects.
• Help manage the exam development platform including user management, configurations and support. Work with external vendors as and when required
• Work with the SME Community Program Manager to recruit subject matter experts to help develop and design certification exams and assessments.
• Compile and communicate meaningful exam performance metrics, to determine when exam updates are required. Execute healthchecks and updates.
• Strong understanding of exam development best practices, processes and tools including JTAs, blueprinting, item development, reviews, publishing, maintenance practices, and item development tools, for both written and performance-based testing.
• 5 years of experience developing exams for a major certification program
• Strong project management background, preferably in the technical education or certification services. Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts.
• Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to come up with creative / non-traditional solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
• Strong self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
• Willingness to dive into detailed execution of projects.
Eagerness to translate high-level business objectives into actions
E xperience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Houston