See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Houston Christian High School (HC) is accepting applications for History Teacherto begin in August 2021. We are seeking educators that have a passion for their subject area and enjoying engaging high school students, both in and out of the classroom. Teach for today...impact for a lifetime!
This position reports to the History Department Chair and Principal and works in collaboration with other History teachers and faculty. This is a full-time, exempt position. This teacher will most likely be teaching World History and Honors World History to freshmen students. Experience in teaching different levels of high school History is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, History or other relevant areas.
- Teacher certification or equivalent.
- Classroom Experience.
- Proficient in basic technology applications, electronic grade book and curricular software and hardware) (i.e. MS Word, Excel). Google Apps knowledge is beneficial(i.e. Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail).
- Excellent verbal, visual, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Represent the school in a positive light.
- Committed to the mission and values of Houston Christian High School.
Qualified candidates must be skilled and have a passion to provide History instruction. Effective organizational and presentation skills are necessary. Candidates should also possess excellent communication skills, a willingness to mentor students and the ability to incorporate 21st Century Skills into the curriculum. The successful candidate will be energetic and creative and possess a vision for excellence in academics at the high school level, a strong work ethic, and a desire to achieve success. Contribution to the life of the school outside the classroom is expected. Occasional after school, evening or weekend hours will be necessary. Experience and willingness to coach an athletic sport is beneficial and could be compensated with a stipend.
Apply today! Houston Christian...Where learning becomes leading.
Interested candidates may complete and submit the Houston Christian Professional Application with the Teacher philosophy questions, a cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Instructions and the application are accessible from the Careers on our website. Resumes are not reviewed without the complete HC application.