The SPC Lab Engineer is responsible for working with the test engineers, test technicians and inspectors in the development, implementation and completion of testing requirements to meet our internal/external client’s needs.
The Lab Engineer is also responsible for planning, executing Pre-TRR, TRRs and performing safety risk assessments (SRA) in preparation for carrying out planned tests. The safety of all lab tests are required for all Pre-TRR and TRRs in order to ensure a safe working environment for all planned tests. These Safety precautions are required in order to prevent any possible accidents at any level of testing.
Reporting directly to the SPC Lab Manager the Lab Engineering must possess specialized skills in the domains of Testing, Qualification, Planning, Risk Assessment, Process Management, HSE, and shall take full ownership of all testing activities outlined below, in doing so secure full and best in class delivery to our internal/external clients.
A strong Testing and Qualification competency and skillset (Testing Philosophy, HSE, Process Development, Project Execution, Project Management, Procedure Development, Long Term Planning and Risk Management) shall be required for this key role.
These will be your tasks
• Provide Leadership and direction to the Test engineers, technicians, monitoring tests on lab floor, sharing ideas with test engineers and performance development
• Promote testing excellence in the support of product testing & qualification and issue resolution with test technicians and QC inspectors
• Excellent communication skills are a must
• Carry our Pre-TRR and TRR for all scheduled tests
• Perform risk assessments for all planned tests
• Read and understand what is expected of every procedure
• Creating lab procedure books for each test on lab floor to assist/guide with every test
• Work with Project Managers to identify and resolve conflicts
• Work with Logistics team to provide and communicate that all parts for tests are accounted for and test can begin on scheduled time
• Establish and maintain a safety culture including creating and assigning safety concerns, participating in Framework 2.0
• Establish and maintain a quality culture including defining work instructions
• Support QMS Local Testing & Qualification Process and Procedure development
• Works closely with the NOV PLC Engineering PL Engineering Teams and Businesses to determine scope of work for tests
• Report writing and presentation
• Contributes to Lab communications and team briefs on active and planned tests
• Ensure company compliance initiatives and training requirements are followed
• Work and communicate closely with SPC Lab Manager
You're offering these qualifications
• Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college with minimum of 10 years of Testing & Qualification experience
• Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Lab Engineer within a testing & qualification environment
• Strong skillset within areas of project scheduling and project risk definition & remediation.