National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is an American multinational corporation based in Houston, Texas. It is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
These will be your tasks
In the role of Sr. Systems Administration Engineer, you will:
• Be knowledgeable in performance tuning and application optimization For Hyperion Modules (HFM, DRM, ODI, Essbase Planning and FR)
• Possess experience performing backup and recovery of Hyperion applications
• Possess disaster recovery experience for Hyperion and Informatica applications
• Evaluate and install relevant patches to EPM products (HFM, DRM, ODI, Essbase Planning, FR, WebLogic)
• Possess experience in entire Enterprise Performance Manager (EPM architecture and data flow between DRM, Essbase, Shared Services, Workspace, Planning, IR and Maxl scripts
• Possess Informatica application upgrade experience from 9.x to 10.x versions
• Good analytical knowledge to diagnose and resolve issues with Hyperion infrastructure, hardware, and software
• Possess experience supporting month end Hyperion close activities
• Automation and scripting of tasks for monitoring service status in Linux and windows environments
• Possess experience working independently and in a team environment
• Monitor Hyperion Systems / Applications Logs for errors and outage conditions, manage and maintain Hyperion Services for uptime
• Manage complete system backups including the necessary MAXL(scripting language for Essbase) scripting for Essbase backups (archive mode, etc.)
• Troubleshoot issues with client / server systems including SmartView Client connections, FR Studio connections, HFM Client support
• Be knowledgeable in Database (Oracle, Mysql, Postgres, MS SQL Server), NoSQL (DynamoDB, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, design principles) and Data Warehousing (Redshift, Teradata, Vertica, schema design, query tuning and optimization) and data migration and integration
• Perform performance optimization
• Perform backup and recovery
• Perform patching
You're offering these qualifications
• Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 5 years of experience supporting Enterprise Performance Management Suite (Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Data Relationship Management (DRM), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Essbase Planning (EP) and Financial Reporting (RP)) version 184.108.40.206 current version (11.2.4 is the target)
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in supporting Informatica environments minimum version 9.5.1 Hf3. Experience migrating workflow from one environment to other
• Master s Degree from an accredited college or university
• PhD from an accredited college or university
• Migration of objects between environments (Dev, Test, Production) using LCM, or manually for earlier versions
• Skilled in technical documentation of application system installations, diagnostic support, triage and complex system flows Manage all technical tickets both with the internal ticketing system, and externally to Oracle or other vendors. Experience with CA helpdesk / ServiceNow ticketing system
• Upgrade experience required to upgrade Hyperion application to latest supported Hyperion version.
• Informatica upgrade experience to upgrade Informatica applications to latest supported versions
• Application cluster knowledge for Hyperion and Informatica applications
• Competent in supporting the technical, operational, and application needs for a highly complex application or several moderately complex applications from end-to-end; Capable in technical or business side skills and highly knowledgeable in the alternate side
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Prior project management & business analysis experience is nice-to-have.
• Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Strong experience with Essbase database administration, upgrades, performance tuning and optimization, Oracle or MS SQL Server databases
• Good experience with Windows and Unix Operating Systems
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Ability to work directly with end users and create requirements, design docs, test plans, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate potential problems/act in a proactive manner
Sign up free of charge to bookmark jobs, apply for jobs and meet your future colleagues!