See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Job Title: ACE Architect – Networking & Security
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
As a Customer Solution Architect, Networking & Security you will use your knowledge and experience to help drive the VMware’s pre & post-sales product adoption and integration with key customers. We are looking for a person who has the right mindset to be a part of an elite team of solution architects focused on making our customers successful. You must possess a unique blend of being polished with customers and technical savvy; an out of the box thinker, and the drive to engage all stakeholders. Customer Success is a fast-paced environment where the successful candidate will wear many hats, and where your work will have a real impact on the direction of the Networking & Security product portfolio. You’ll be part of a bright team that embraces open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and a shared focus on customer success.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our Network Virtualization & Security products.
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Virtual Networking & Security solutions, and feed them into our knowledgebase for reuse by customers and partners
- Recruit and mentor other technical consulting staff
- On-site post-sales product implementation and integration with customer's CMS, monitoring, and solutions
- Maintain per-customer view of reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and NSBU Product Management and Engineering
- Successful track record with software & network virtualization and/or cloud infrastructure experience with customer software integration.
- Drive client and internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables within scope and time.
- Manage project schedule, billable activities and deliverables
- Document best practices and all customer-specific configurations.
- Develop/improve workflow for more efficient delivery and reduced overall time to production
- Work closely with NSBU Development to deliver high quality, personalized support to assigned client projects. Drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvement
- Ability to travel: 50%
- The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & Networking (Data Center Design, Network Architecture, Network Design, System Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, Security)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services Solution Architect or engineer, preferably with an Internet or "Big 5” consulting organization
- Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- At least 2 years experience in a technical lead role for small-or medium-size teams
- Strong practical Windows Server or Linux systems administration skills
- VMware virtualization, networking and security products, solutions, and services.
- Network Security Tool and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Security/Trust Zones, L2 Switching and L3 routing. VLANs, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting, routing, VPN and network design.
- Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
- Network components such as:
- ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).
- Virtual networking components VSG, 1000V)
- BGP & OSPF protocol
- Cisco UCS storage
- CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
- Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet(ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- Programming in Perl, Python, C/C++ or Unix shell are also an advantage
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Extensive experience in software deployment in large-scale services in complex environments
- Thrives in a small customer operation (tiger team) supporting sales in high-visibility key accounts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with product development team on problem troubleshooting and driving product improvements
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills
- Quality, out-of–the box thinker that is open-minded, creative, intelligent, and self-confident
- Highly entrepreneurial with a strong passion, urgency, energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments
- Completely "gets and believes” what we are doing at VMware and shares our passion to do whatever it takes to make the dream happen
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Houston