Supplier Development is a new work stream within Supplier Quality and is expected to become a game changing addition to the team. It is expected to be a high visibility role within the Oilfield Equipment P&L. The role will combine strategic & tactical work to bring about a reduction in the Defect per Million (DPM) metric for the supply chain. The successful candidate will provide hands on leadership in this newly formed work stream. This will include assessing the current level of the global supplier base for the Oilfield Equipment P&L, conceptualizing strategy for supplier development and executing plans and actions. You are also expected to interact and work with the senior staff & stakeholders in the Supply Chain and Quality functions to consider inputs, communicate and sell strategy and demonstrate progress on actions. You will be leading the Supplier Development work stream on an aggressive target of reducing the supplier DPM by 50% in the short term.
These will be your tasks
• Seek inputs from internal stakeholders & research external best practices to develop a vision and strategy for Supplier Development
• Evaluate supplier base periodically by using available data & working with the data science team to come up with the actions & specific improvement ideas
• Lead and own the projects tied to Supplier Development internally and externally with and at the supplier sites (as applicable)
• Liaison with the subject matter experts (like the Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality experts) to mobilize the actions internally & externally
• Work closely with Supply Chain and Engineering to work on solutions benefit the suppliers
You're offering these qualifications
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 10 years of Supply Chain experience out of which 7 years should be Quality related experience
• Ability and willingness to travel to required GE sites and suppliers (30%) Desired Characteristics\:
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills and ability to fluently use six sigma and quality assurance tools such as PFMEA, 5Whys, process mapping and fishbone
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Green Belt certified or equivalent Quality certification Locations\:
Sign up free of charge to bookmark jobs, apply for jobs and meet your future colleagues!