See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Microbiology Lab Technician– SW Houston
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Microbiology Lab Technician for a pharmaceutical company in southwest Houston.
- Performs microbiological testing on raw material and finished product includingUSP Total aerobic microbial count, Yeast and Mold , USP P. aeruginosa, S. aureus, E. Coli and Salmonella, etc. and USP B. cepacia.
- Maintains the use of live microbiological agents and cultures.
- Performs growth promotion testing on microbiological media prepared for testing.
- Performs Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing (AET) USP on finished products.
- Collects and analyzes samples for environmental monitoring of production areas and evaluate data for trends.
- Performs microbiological testing on the USP Purified Water system.
- Performs microbiological cleaning validations of production equipment as needed.
- Utilizes, maintains, and troubleshoots microbiological instrumentation such as microscope, autoclave, incubators, refrigerators, freezers, biological safety cabinet, and automated microbiological incubation system.
- Performs and documents work in compliance with standard operating procedures, cGMP regulations, and applicable laboratory safety standards.
- Assists in laboratory investigations as necessary.
- Reviews laboratory notebooks for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs and/or assists with equipment calibrations and qualification.
- Assists laboratory management in preparation for internal, customer and agency audits.
- Maintains and responsible for specific areas, functions, projects, and/or instrumentation based on experience and expertise.
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology or closely related discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in microbiological and/or chemistry laboratory; prefer 4+ years’ previous experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with aseptic technique and use of microbiological test methods; prefer 4+ years’ previous experience
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively perform concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to work in a positive team environment.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with a pay rate range from $22-28 per hour dependent upon experience. This position requires working 1st shift and may require overtime and some evening or weekends as needed. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Please help us spread the word about BiologyJobs.com by telling any organization you know that hires employees with a background in biology that they can advertise their open positions online at BiologyJobs.com for only $1 per day with unlimited job postings and resume database access plus their organization's profile and logo featured online. You can't beat the affordable advertising rates of Biology Jobs .com combined with the highly tartgeted traffic that your job postings will recieve compared to other online job board services.
Whether you are working on your degree, or your have completed your B.A. (bachelor of arts) B.S. ( bachelor of science ) M.S.( master of science ), M.A. ( master of arts ),or Ph.D ( doctorate of philosophy ) degree , and you are looking for a postdoctoral ( postdoc ) job, Biology Jobs .com has job openings posted online at various times for all levels of Biology Jobs from volunteer positions to postdoctoral research jobs to tenured professors, positions with top biotechnology companies and everything in between.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Rosenberg
201 - 500 employees