See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate and innovate, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
At DellWorld in May 2019, Microsoft and VMware announced the availability of "Azure on VMware Solutions”, allowing enterprises customers to capitalize on their existing VMware investments, skills and tools, including VMware vSphere, vSAN, NSX, and vCenter while leveraging the scale, performance and innovation of Azure.
The Business Development Manager will be a subject matter expert for Azure on VMware Solutions with technical knowledge of both VMware and Azure portfolios. A primary responsibility for the role will be to enable the sales force to land deals and generate revenue with joint customers.
The Business Development manager will influence the Azure VMware Solutions Go To Market strategy by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers he/she encounters.
This role, reporting into the Microsoft business development team will also serve as a liaison between Microsoft Azure product groups and VMware engineering.
This role directly supports the market share and revenue growth of Azure VMware Solutions.
- Give technical presentations and demonstrations
- Pipeline management leveraging SFDC, reporting.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Azure on VMware Solutions with customers.
- Serve as an Evangelist for Microsoft & VMware both internally & externally.
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of Microsoft & VMware technologies.
- Engage with Microsoft across sales, marketing, Go-To-Market and R&D teams, among other teams, to drive VMware initiatives.
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around Microsoft & VMware Technologies, primarily Azure VWW Solutions.
- Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across VMware to be capable of delivering the Microsoft & VMware value proposition to internal stakeholders, enterprise customers and partners, including Microsoft.
- Engage key customers. Working closely with VMware sales to position Microsoft offerings for customers and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our joint services.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management & executive team regarding progress and metrics.
- Leading cross-disciplinary teams and driving key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives.
- 8+ years of related experience in a technical sales and/or business development role.
- Experience and/or knowledge working with Azure services and workloads, or other public cloud ecosystems.
- Understanding of cloud deployment and adoption planning by enterprise customers.
- Possess analytic skills and have experience leading strategic Go-To-Market and Product activities for related subjects and business customers.
- Highly driven candidate who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required, ability to take initiatives.
- Collaborative, proven experience and ability to work in matrix organization, and with members of product & engineering, marketing and sales.
- Strong oral & written communication skills, strong influencing skills, experience in public speaking to large and small audiences.
- Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals.
- Broad knowledge of and ability to articulate key end-user scenarios in the Cloud Infrastructure space with experience in hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent business judgement and the demonstrated ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
- Executive Presence, proven experience engaging with senior level executives.
- Prior experiences at VMware and/or Microsoft a plus, but not required.
- International experience is a plus.
- Experience building Go-To-Market plans that scale across an organization.
- Experience with cloud & enterprise technologies.
This position requires travel 33% of the time.
Location: Seattle, WA (1) + East Coast (2)VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Seattle