See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. The Lead Field Grower works on the front of our daily operations managing our local growers in the field. The Lead helps overcome obstacles and come up with hands-on solutions supporting the growers. The ability to interact with the team and colleagues, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is essential.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Build and lead a team of Infarmers across the city by participating in interviews and providing work direction
- Understand and own every aspect of your team’s performance and provide leadership to the team. Develop processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies
- Onboard new team members and provide expert instruction, interpretation and feedback to continuously improve performance within the team
- Drive continuous enhancements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service
- Determine appropriate course of action for issues that arise and are beyond the team’s scope with the mindset of "there is a solution to every problem
- Manage time and tasks effectively, putting the needs of the customer first
- Provide mentorship to staff in order to improve services and staff capabilities
- Work together with other teams team to ensure they fully understand our processes in the field with the goal to improve productivity and customer satisfaction
- Lead mid-term tactical projects
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed including Company policies and all health and safety legislation and guidelines
The position will initially begin in our current Plant Hub in Georgetown and will transition to Everett long term.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability to work flexible work hours and willingness to work on weekends
- Leadership and ownership mentality
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coach and cultivate a successful team
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Customer-oriented thinking: Always trying to achieve perfection
- High level of organizational skills (Ability to plan, schedule, and arrange own activities and those of others)
- Strong problem solving & multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress and a self-starter
- Work experience in horticulture a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 19 days of paid time off plus an extra day off on your birthday
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Seattle
201 - 500 employees