See the salary this job has to offer!
Premium members can see the salary for this job. Check out salaries in XING Jobs now.Become a Premium Member now!
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Lead Nursery Grower, you will be responsible for leading the nursery team as well as overseeing the production of seedlings that supply the production farms. This Lead is also responsible for plants during seeding and germination stages and for maintaining the nursery irrigation systems and trays. You will as the initial stakeholder for all nursery related issues and updates.
You have a passion for plants and top-quality food and are an ambassador for Infarm and our mission. Moreover, having a high attention to detail and being well organized are among your strongest skills. You are essential in successfully maintaining and managing the nursery floor.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Plan/Update Nursery Growers schedule; coordinate with other FaaS Lead Growers when daily schedules need to be adjusted
- Provide work direction to ensure nursery growers seed efficiently and precisely according to individual plant requirements. Follow the germination process and detect deficiencies, diseases, and underperformance of plants. Pick the correct and best-performing seedlings for packing and planting.
- Perform daily seedling and nursery farm check-ups. Perform regular nursery audits. Oversee seedlings QA. Perform a daily check on the nursery working stations.
- Maintain the nursery by cleaning the irrigation systems and trays, discarding old or underperforming seedlings, and balancing nutrients and pH in the water tank. Ensure cleaning and sanitizing of work stations and equipment is completed following protocols regularly
- Work closely with Plant Expert to ensure successful plant health
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed including Company policies and all health and safety legislation and guidelines
- Request supplies for the nursery working stations from the Inventory Specialist. Ensure that all nursery goods are stored correctly and stock is kept up to date. Ensures that seeds are stored correctly and seed traceability is up to date
- Hold 1:1 meetings with the nursery growers, and hold regular nursery grower team meetings to communicate schedules, needs, protocols, policies, workloads, and priorities.
- Embrace a leadership position in the lead grower team
The position will initially begin in our current Plant Hub in Georgetown and will transition to Everett long term.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience in horticulture
- Time management, interpersonal skills, professionalism, passion for plant growth
- Leadership and ownership mentality
- Flexible with work hours and willingness to work on weekends
- Strong problem solving & multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and cultivate a successful team
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under stress and a self-starter
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- 19 days of paid time off plus an extra day off on your birthday
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Seattle
201 - 500 employees