We don't have any salary details available for this job ad.
The SLED Sales Director, Pacific Northwest & Mountain States is a sales management role responsible for leading a sales team of 7 or so highly skilled, seasoned sales individuals consisting of Client Executives. The ideal candidate for this position will be an effective senior sales leader, a self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction, and a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team. He/she will be involved in the entire customer value focused sales cycle. The sales related responsibilities of this candidate may include business development, requirements gathering, leading the development of value-added solutions, articulating VMware’s point of view and value proposition, and conducting sales presentations to C-level customer executives. SLED experience is mandatory.
- You will possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short and long-term goals, objectives and quotas
- Act as the front-line executive who recruits, hires, develops, coaches, and manages a high performing SLED sales team
- Generally, splits time 50 – 50 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
- Compose complex proposals
- Manages all aspects of the region: opportunity, pipeline development/progression, forecasting and reporting
- Maintains Operational Excellence in forecasting and pipeline
- Works closely with new, as well as established, channel partners to generate new business opportunities
- Works collaboratively across all VMware business units and business partners while identifying new areas of strategic domestic and international business growth and partnership opportunities between our organizations
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Channel Sales and Director of Inside Sales to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals
- Collaborates well with other SLED regions and cross functional teams
- 12+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, preferable in Enterprise software
- 7+ years of high-level management experience of 6 or more direct reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment within the Enterprise Software Marketplace
- 6 + years’ experience in Face-to-face Opportunity Identification, Selling to Data Center Executives, Leveraging Partners/Solution Providers, Business Case and Proposal
- 6+ years of experience in the positioning and selling of Cloud, Mobility and data center solutions.
- Minimum of 12 years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Extensive experience negotiating large 7-figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Sales Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Partner/Channel and Overlay Specialists teams.
- BA/BS degree or higher is preferred
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
"This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.”
Business Unit: Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Seattle