VMware End-User Computing runs the worlds' largest Digital Workspace Platform- Workspace ONE. Our team manages Workspace ONE Intelligence, the digital workspace analytics platform. We’re building an AWS-based cloud service that analyzes data across millions of devices and applications. We’re investing heavily in areas such as analyzing end-user experience, resource optimization, and security. Our machine learning pipeline builds models off of this data to derive insights that power Workspace ONE. These insights are attached to a state-of-the-art automation engine to orchestrate actions between IT and security systems.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a Sr. Solutions Engineer for VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence, you will be the primary technical resource for the field sales force. This is a field-facing role within the product team for Workspace ONE Intelligence. You will be responsible for pre-sales and some customer success efforts, as well as relaying customer feedback back to the broader product management team.
Our Solutions Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the product and sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Workspace ONE Intelligence.
They will also focus on helping identify early use cases, refine messaging, and ultimately codify the ideal selling motion for the broader SE organization. They will work closely with the product teams, providing critical customer and market feedback. And they will work to enable the broader VMware SE organization, raising awareness of the opportunity, helping them get proficient in selling this new solution.
This is a customer facing position. Your role would include being involved in first calls, meetings, presenting technical material (whiteboard, demos), qualifying and quantifying sales opportunities, PoC's, documentation, and installs. In this position, you are expected to help accelerate the sales cycle, remove obstacles, and be the technical expert in the room. You will establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
This position may require you to be hands on at times, so apart from having excellent communications and presentation skills, having technical expertise, and hands on analytics expertise are also important.
Additional responsibilities will include mentoring and enabling Field and Channels located in a variety of locations.
• Support Workspace ONE Intelligence AEs in achieving sales targets on a quarterly basis
• Design, articulate, white board, and present technical information to technical buyers
• Deliver presales POC and trials (own end to end experience)
• Share customer feedback with BU and R&D for product development
• Be an effective presenter & trainer, who can pitch & demonstrate VMware Workspace ONE Intelligence to the field as well as end customers
• We are looking for an individual with 10+ years of experience in Pre-sales related work; the experience should include exposure to analytics that cover user experience, resource optimization and/or security
• You have an understanding of different end user computing products and vendors, and be able to position amongst them
• Experience in creating revenue generating program for partners
• Experience with Pre-sales Account Management and sales methodologies
• Your technical skills enable you to code or script against APIs
• You have strong presentation skills as well as ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
• You have strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
• Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation, respond to RFPs, and submit professional reports
• Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions a plus
• Strong IT end-user computing technical skills including mobile device management, Windows 10, VDI solutions, identity management solutions, endpoint security and cloud security solutions
• Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
• You are able to persuade and influence senior enterprise IT Architects and C-level executives
• Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive
• We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
• Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive environment.
• BA/BS degree or higher.
Ability to travel 30%-50% of the time
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sign up free of charge to bookmark jobs, apply for jobs and meet your future colleagues!