We don't have any salary details available for this job ad.
At VMware we believe that Kubernetes, and by extension Cloud Native, will transform the next generation of enterprise infrastructure and applications the way Virtualization and Java have in the past. Customers will look to containers to avoid lock in with public clouds and the industry has aligned around Kubernetes as the orchestration engine for these containers. VMware is investing in building a modern stack that focuses on this next generation of enterprise computing incorporating both traditional workloads and cloud applications with our core platform. For these reasons, we believe no one is better positioned than VMware to win in the multi-cloud era.
To that end, VMware is investing in a new strategic function to activate recent investments in container orchestration, cloud workload mobility and cloud native application development. This team will be responsible for realizing our strategic direction and accelerating customer adoption of emerging technologies and our cloud native platforms. The need to transform the data, technical designs and documentation processes requires the skills of a technical writer to help communicate to many different audience personas.
As a technical writer you will create documentation for technical end users, system administrators, and developers. Assignments can include installation guides, user guides, API guides, release notes, presentations and online help. You will contribute to the production of video material for VMware products.
- Gather information by working closely with architects, engineers and writers
- Analyze documentation requirements
- Develop technical content for VMware products in the Cloud Native Application field engineering organization.
- Follow IX editorial guidelines
- Follow IX processes and best practices
- Create documentation plans and schedules
- Deliver against tight deadlines
- Support and contribute to departmental goals
- Contribute and create enablement material and presentations
- Test pre-release software to ensure technical accuracy of the content where needed
- C1 English level
- Spanish, German and Japanese is a strong plus
- At least 1-year experience in a technical role
- Experience in computer sciences, Development, a technical field
- Experience in writing and editing content in English
- Ability to write clear and concise text following minimalist writing principles
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them clearly for a technical audience
- Solid planning, scheduling, and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of information design, structured writing, XML, other markup languages is a strong plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience with Web publishing is a strong plus
Business Unit: Networking & Security: IT departments are spending more on security than ever before, but the damage caused by data breaches keeps getting worse. To solve this problem, VMware’s Networking and Security team is challenging traditional thinking about IT security. We take a software-based approach that brings customers new levels of usability and effectiveness in today’s fast-changing public and private cloud environments. We’re tackling one of IT’s toughest problems by helping customers manage networking and security services through a single pane of glass across diverse environments. Our software solutions free IT environments from physical constraints to help them achieve superior agility, tighter security, and faster provisioning. Are you looking for the opportunity to help revolutionize IT security? We invite you to join our tightly knit team that’s driven to quickly deliver top-quality solutions to this pressing industry problem. You’ll boost your career by working on cutting-edge innovations in the cloud, security, networking, SD-WAN, and container spaces.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Seattle