Sony is one of the most innovative companies in the world and drives the development of technology in a global network of research institutions ahead. The Stuttgart Technology Center (STC) was founded in 1989. With the Stuttgart Laboratory 1 (SL1) and the Stuttgart Laboratory 2 (SL2), the STC is a home for two important research and development offices in this network. As part of the European organization of Sony (SEU), the STC plays an important role in the worldwide network of the Research and Development Center (RDC) Sony. STC hosts also the Automotive Entertainment Solutions Europe (AESE) and Automotive Semiconductor Sales & Marketing (ASSM), two departments that belong to the Semiconductor and Electronics Solutions (SES) division. Furthermore, the Technology Partnerships Europe (TPE) and Intellectual Property Europe (IPE) departments are also located in the STC.
The Stuttgart Laboratory 2 is instrumental in the development of new materials and technologies in the fields of hybrid electronics, imaging and sensing, sensorial user interaction, as well as involved in solving questions related to quality, failure analysis, environmental compatibility, and standardization for current and future Sony products.
To strengthen our team in SL2 we are currently looking for a
Master or Internship Student (m/f/d) Chemistry
This is a full-time position at the Sony Technology Center in Stuttgart, Germany. You will be part of a team which synthesizes, purifies, and characterizes organic dyes.
- Handling, synthesis, and purification of organic materials
- Characterization of organic materials by standard analytical methods: Mass Spectroscopy, NMR, UVVIS, LC-MS, GC-MS, TGA and DSC
- Literature searches, preparation of summaries, reports, and presentations
- Chemistry studies – completed at least 2nd year
- Prior experience with organic synthesis: handling organic materials, purification of organic materials by column chromatography, using optical and spectroscopy methods would be beneficial
- Precise working skills
- Interest in working with organic materials in a field which combines chemistry, physics, and engineering
- Good command of English and ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to work in an international R&D team with diverse expertise on materials and devices, human interaction and natural sciences, ranging from physics, chemistry and biology
- The chance to apply your skills and theoretical knowledge in cutting-edge research activities
- Learning more about state-of-the-art technology in your field of interest
- An open and international environment with engineers and students from many different countries
- Internship: A compensation of 1492 € per month (gross) plus support for local public transportation and lunch subsidiary
- Bachelor Thesis/ Master Thesis: A compensation of 1300 € per month (gross) plus support for local public transportation and lunch subsidiary
- Documents: curriculum vitae, grades, application letter, and (if available) testimonials of your previous tasks
- Applications without complete CV and list of grades cannot be considered
- The application letter should include whether you are interested in an Internship or Master Thesis position as well as the earliest possible starting date
- In general, Master Thesis positions should last 6 months; Internship positions typically should last 3 to 6 months
- Please refrain from applying, if you have already graduated or you will be by an expected start date
Become part of the Sony family– hence a part of the future! We are looking forward to answering your questions and to getting into contact with you. Please send your CV and application via our online tool.
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We recognize that each and every one of us is original and different. Diversity and inclusion are in our DNA, they drive innovation. We empower our people to achieve one goal: to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology.
Don't miss out new jobs like this in Stuttgart
501 - 1000 employees