Additional Terms for Premium Add-ons
A. Additional Terms for Premium Add-ons
Premium membership may be enhanced by add-ons offering additional benefits.
These Additional Terms for Premium Add-ons apply when a user purchases an Add-on alongside his/her Premium membership.
The Terms and Conditions for Usage of the XING Service also apply.
1. Add-on usage principles and synchronisation with Premium membership
- Add-ons may only be purchased in combination with Premium membership.
- A user who only has free membership at the time of purchasing an Add-on acquires a Premium membership contract upon purchasing the Add-on. This membership has the same duration as the chosen Add-on.
- If a user already has Premium membership at the time of purchasing an Add-on, an additional contract is concluded by purchasing the Add-on.
- Companies or third parties are prohibited from using the Add-on for active or passive recruiting purposes.
2. Term and expiry of the Add-on and/or Premium membership
- Upon expiry of the minimum usage period purchased by the user, the Add-on and Premium membership renew automatically for an unlimited period (with monthly billing periods) unless the Add-on and/or Premium membership are cancelled by the user or XING by the applicable deadlines.
- The user and XING may cancel an Add-on and/or Premium membership without cause at any time to the end of the minimum usage period or current billing period. Terminations can be submitted by letter, fax or e-mail. The user may also use the contact form or online cancellation process to cancel an Add-on and/or Premium membership.
- If only the Add-on is cancelled, Premium membership and any other Add-ons that have not been cancelled remain in place. If the Premium membership is cancelled, XING reserves the right to cancel Add-ons at the next possible date.
The previous terms continue to apply to contracts concluded before 1 March 2022:
- Upon expiry of the minimum usage period purchased by the user, the Add-on and Premium membership respectively renew for a renewal period of the same duration, up to a maximum of 12 months, unless the Add-on and/or Premium membership are cancelled by the user or XING by the applicable deadlines.
- The user and XING may cancel an Add-on and/or Premium membership without stating reasons, subject to a notice period of three (3) weeks; cancellation is then effective upon elapse of the minimum usage period purchased during the registration process or at the end of a renewal period as applicable.
- Fees for the entire duration or respective billing period are due immediately in advance.
- XING reserves the right to reasonably increases the fee with effect from the start of a new billing period. Prices may only be increased once per calendar year. In such cases, XING shall inform the user at least six (6) weeks prior to expiry of a billing period to which the fee increase applies. A user may object to the fee increase within three (3) weeks of notification via the contact form, letter, fax or e-mail. The user’s submission of an objection is tantamount to cancelling the Add-on, meaning that said Add-on will expire at the end of the existing minimum usage period or current billing period.
4. Supplementary Terms and Conditions for Data Protection
- Depending on the Add-on selected, additional personal data may be collected and used in order to provide the services and functions included in the respective Add-on. Even after the user has cancelled the Add-on, this data will be continued to be stored for the duration of the membership if the user has not already deleted it. This primarily serves to allow the user to use previously entered data should he/she decide to reactivate an Add-on.
- The assertion of rights of persons affected as defined by Article 12 et seqq. EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) shall remain unaffected.
5. Applicability of the Terms and Conditions for Usage of the XING Service
The Terms and Conditions for Usage of the XING Service apply in addition.
Right of withdrawal for consumers
Instructions on withdrawal and model withdrawal form
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within fourteen (14) days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the date of contract conclusion. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us
New Work SE
Am Strandkai 1
Phone: +49 40 419 131 0
Fax: +49 40 419 131 11
of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax, e-mail or via the contact form available on each of our webpages). You may use this model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than fourteen (14) days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. In issuing such reimbursements, we use the same payment method you used in the original transaction unless explicitly agreed with you otherwise; in no case will we charge fees for such a refund.
If you requested to begin the performance of services during the withdrawal period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been provided until you have communicated us your withdrawal from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
You may download and use the model withdrawal form available as a PDF file.
Exclusion of right of withdrawal:
The right of withdrawal does not exist if, when entering into a legal transaction, you predominantly act in exercise of your trade, business or profession and are therefore deemed to be an entrepreneur (Section 14 BGB).
Other important notes:
You expressly agree that we will start to render the service before the end of the withdrawal period.